Nerd and the Noob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New 52 | Teen Titans | Volume 1 | It's Our Right To Fight

Go down

New 52 | Teen Titans | Volume 1 | It's Our Right To Fight Empty New 52 | Teen Titans | Volume 1 | It's Our Right To Fight

Post by MangoIRL Fri 26 Jul 2013, 11:31 pm

Teen Titans
Volume 1
It's Our Right To Fight

Scott Lobdell : Writer
Brett Booth : Penciller
Norm Rapmund : Inker
Andrew Dalhouse : Colorist
Dezi Sientry, Carlos M. Mangual, Travis Lanham : Letters
Brett Booth, Norm Rapmund & Andrew Dalhouse : Original Series & Collection Cover Artists

Let me start this "review" out by saying that as far as I can remember, the only exposure that I have to anything Teen Titans is the cartoon show from Cartoon Network. That out of the way this trade ( if you don't know what that is, it is a collection of comic books bound into 1 larger "trade" paperback) does not remind me at all of the cartoon show. To start off the heroes in this book are a completely different group. The first one we see is Kid Flash, the Bart Allen version, and he is obviously VERY new at being a "Hero". In the first few pages he is scene attempting to help out during a fire and ends up causing more problems than he solves. I love the way that Kid Flash is written and drawn in this book. Actually I love the art of the whole book. It reminds me of the very flashy, bold, and bright comic books from the 90's. The second titan we see is Red Robin. This kid may be one of my new favorite superheroes. Every panel that he is in just make you think "dang this kid is just like batman, but without all the brooding." The tech and the attitude that the writers and artist give this kid just makes you wish you were him. The next hero that we see is Cassie Sandsmark (Wonder Girl, But don't call her that, she doesn't like it). SHE IS SO HOT!! The artist for this one went straight to the curves and sexy for this girl......(sorry I was looking at the art again, got side tracked). The best I can guess is that Cassie is the teen equal to Wonder Woman except she has NO idea what she is doing. In her first few pages she ends up knocking a helicopter out of the air and just saving Red Robin in the process.I don't think I want to ruin the rest of the book for you guys and girls so I am just going to finish up with saying that there are are few more members of the team that show up in the next several pages. Some of them I recognized, some of them I had never heard of, but overall I would say that I really loved this book. The art is flashy enough for the new comic reader like me and the story is good enough for an experienced reader. I would recommend that you go and pick this up, it is worth the money spent on it.

Art : 10 out of 10
Story : 8 out of 10 (amazing story but not the best I have read this year)

Thanks for reading this review, let me know what you thought about it.

MangoIRL
MangoIRL
MangoIRL
Admin

https://nerdandthenoob.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down