Nerd and the Noob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hawkeye Volume 1: Marvel Now Review by Greg ( gman0184 )

2 posters

Go down

Hawkeye Volume 1: Marvel Now Review by Greg ( gman0184 ) Empty Hawkeye Volume 1: Marvel Now Review by Greg ( gman0184 )

Post by gman0184 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 2:50 pm

Alright I am going to take a shot at my first review.

The first trade for the Marvel Now Hawkeye was a very pleasant surprise among a list of marvel books this year that I have not enjoyed. The writer is Matt Fraction and the art duties are split between David Aja and Javier Pulido. I will go ahead and say that I LOVED the writing in this book. It was smart and witty, fun and flowing making it very easy to read. The art in the first half of the book is by Aja which I did prefer a little over the Pulido art in the second half but in no way did the change in art hurt the book. The story is less about Hawkeye as the superhero and more about Hawkeye the guy with bad luck. There are certain art jokes that make me laugh out loud. When a news paper is shown on the page instead of having a bogus story created it just says things like "murder and crime" or " Everything Awe full, Oh God someone do something". Also when another language is presented it just reads "Russian Maybe" which also made me die laughing. I am not going to throw a lot of story detail in here because I really feel you all should read this book. I have heard so much good about it and when I finally picked it up for my self i could not put it down.

5 out 5 on Story
4 out 5 on Art

Over all loved this book. Check it out and tell me what you think.
gman0184
gman0184
Admin

http://www.nerdandthenoob.com

Back to top Go down

Hawkeye Volume 1: Marvel Now Review by Greg ( gman0184 ) Empty Re: Hawkeye Volume 1: Marvel Now Review by Greg ( gman0184 )

Post by TheProducer Thu 25 Jul 2013, 3:09 pm

Nice review Greg. We keep talking Mr. Aja. he needs to come on the show lol
TheProducer
TheProducer
Admin

Back to top Go down